This policy aims to lay out the way in which Virtec IT Support LTD collects, uses and protects any form of data you provide when using this website.
We use this information to assist in our commitment to customer service and you can be assured we are dedicated in making sure your privacy is protected.
What information do we collect?
We currently collect the following information:
- Contact information (Name, Address, Postcode, Email Address, Telephone Number)
- IP Address
- Company Details (Name, Address, Postcode, Telephone Number)
Why do we collect the information?
We need this information to for the following:
- To answer queries
- To create accounts with us
- To perform credit checks (where required)
- To maintain equipment
- To provide remote support
- To confirm your identity
- To provide quotes
- To provide and improve upon our goods and services
- For marketing and research purposes
Security of your data
We know the security of your data is important, because of this we endeavour to keep any information we hold in a secure environment. To ensure we abide to this we have limited access to this data by means of only granting access to employees or third parties that absolutely require it. This is also followed up by ensuring we have both physical and electronic policies in place to protect your data as well as encrypting or password protecting your data wherever possible.
How long we keep your data/information on record for:
- Data for Hosted services – Duration of services + 30 days (dependant on service)
- Quotes, Invoices and Billing – 6 years
- Data for Marketing – Indefinite unless a request to be removed is made
Sharing of information
To facilitate being able to provide our customers or potential customers with products, services or to follow up enquires we may require disclosing your information to the following:
- Our third-party providers
- Credit reference agencies
- An organisation, person or entity requested by yourself
- Any governmental, law enforcement entity as required by law
The law dictates you have the right to request or review any of the following information free of charge:
- The right to be informed – To be advised of how we use your data
- The right of access – To see what information we have on you or the company
- The right to rectification – To review and advise if the information is incorrect
- The right to erasure – If you wish this information to be removed
- The right to restrict processing – Advise us in the manner to which your data can be used
- The right to data portability – If we can provide this information to another party
- The right to object – If you wish us to stop using your information
- Rights in relation to automated decision making and profiling – Rights to appeal on an automated decision
If you wish to review or change any of the information we may have on file, then you can contact us directly at email@example.com or by calling 01304 279179. Please note we will endeavour to provide, explain or amend any information requested however, there may be some exceptions to this rule if we have a legal obligation to hold certain records. We may charge a fee if we find the request manifestly unfounded or excessive.
Links to other websites
Questions or Complaints